Deacon Evans Holman, President
The mission of the Metropolitan District Laymen Movement is to enlist and coordinate the manpower of the local congregations. To cultivate the Christian life of men through study, worship, fellowship and service. Our focus is on building authentic, Christ- centered, trusting relationships amongst our men. Such that we can help encourage one another to grow in Christlikeness, serve others in need and evangelize the lost. Our goal is also to develop mentors and nurture our young boys, so they can grow to be the men God created them to be.
The Metropolitan District Laymen will continue their work through various recreational activities, course studies, seminars and evangelistic activities for the youth and senior laypersons. The Metropolitan District Laymen strive to network together for the development and growth of the total church in Christian love by:
- Making extraordinary effort to recruit our young men.
- Attending accredited courses of study provided by the Metropolitan District Congress and other accredited venues.
- Continuing our 3rd Saturday sessions at various churches of the District.
- Enacting plans to adopt a school.
- Seeking out men that will be dedicated to Jail or Prison ministry.
We pray the the Lord will continue to Bless these and other objectives for the development of His soldiers.
Laymen meet on the 3rd Saturday of each month from 9:00 am - 12:00 noon.
Coming Meetings & Events
- Laymen's 3rd Saturday Meeting - Pleasant Grove
Rev. Dr. Louis Forsythe, II, Pastor
13651 Dequindre, Hamtramck, MI 48212
Saturday, October 15, 2016, 9:00am to 12:00pm
- Midwest States Laymen's Workshop
Friday, October 21-23, 2016, Decatur, Illinois 62522
- Laymen's 3rd Saturday Meeting - Twelfth Street MBC
Rev. Floyd Davis, Pastor
1840 Midland, Detroit, MI 48206
Saturday, November 19, 2016, 9:00am to 12:00pm
- Laymen's 3rd Saturday Meeting - Truth MBC
Rev. Thomas Moore, Pastor
17541 Oakland, Detroit, MI 48212
Saturday, December 17, 2016, 9:00am to 12:00pm
- Laymen's 3rd Saturday Meeting - Obedient MBC
Rev. Robert D. Walker Jr., Pastor
9500 Stoepel St., Detroit, MI 48206
Saturday, January 21, 2017, 9:00am to 12:00pm
- Laymen's 3rd Saturday Meeting - Christian Fellowship of Love
Rev. Dr. Terry Thomas, Pastor
22400 Grand River, Detroit, MI 48219
Saturday, February 18, 2017, 9:00am to 12:00pm
- Laymen's Annual Prayer Breakfast
Saturday, February 25, 2017, 9am-12noon
- Laymen's 3rd Saturday Meeting - Corinthian MBC
Rev. Wayne Little, Pastor
1725 Caniff St., Hamtramck, MI 48212
Saturday, March 18, 2017, 9:00am to 12:00pm
- Laymen's 3rd Saturday Meeting - New Hope MBC
Rev. Dr. Virgil Humes, Pastor
33640 Michigan Ave, Wayne, MI 48184
Saturday, April 15, 2017, 9:00am to 12:00pm
- Laymen's Annual Skating Fellowship
Northland Skating Rink
Thursday, April 20, 2017, 6pm-9pm
- Laymen's 3rd Saturday Meeting - Chapel Hill MBC
Rev. Dr. R. Lamont Smith, Pastor
5000 Joy Road, Detroit, MI 48204
Saturday, May 20, 2017, 9:00am to 12:00pm
- Laymen's Annual Banquet
Saturday, June 3, 2017, 6pm-9pm
- Glenn Darden's Annual Laymen Youth Retreat
August 17, 2017 thru August 19, 2017